The GREATEST job on the planet!!

Ok what does it mean to work at Jimmy Beans Wool? It means the most amazing group of people anywhere!! Of course the bosses are pretty cool and I just had to put this up with the humblest of thanks for a wonderful night and sweet dreams!

Doug and Laura are the most appreciative people in the business world and let me tell you I have been at both ends of that spectrum and it's tough to keep the troops going, but they know how to keep us moving along and let us know we are valued! On Thursday night of last week we were taken to dinner down by the Truckee river here in Reno and wined and dined to our hearts content. Here some of us are chatting, eating and enjoying being together.

Amber, Ashley, and Sally had a great time down at the one end of the table and laughed about everything and sometimes even nothing. Of course there had to be knitting with a group of knitter's, so here is Sandy doing what she loves best and adding so much to group that we would just be lost without her!
Here is Amanda catching a few well deserved winks at dinner. She has just started the nursing program up at UNR and is getting the hang of the long hours. We are all so proud of her and I know if I ever need a nurse I hope I get to have her by my side, she is awesome!


This was a night to remember for sure, as we are loosing Diana to the Outback of Australia for a while and we will miss her terribly. She has been our Saturday customers favorite knitter for about a year and half, to 2 years. Gosh, has it really been that long? Hurry back Diana we need you!



Here is Rachel smiling, as she has a much deserved break from her 2 little munchkins! Rachel will have 1 year old twins in just a couple of days! Phew, she is tired most of the time chasing after those cute little guys. We are always glad that she can have night out with us and she is knitting the most amazing beaded shawl! I can't wait to see the finished product. Knit on Rachel!



I was excited to have 3 of our newest little Beans at this event, because I am always so excited to show off the way we are treated by the 'big dogs' and I don't mean Buddy and Wiley, hee hee! Far left is Victoria, center is Heather and far right is Katie!

Now, Katie has been here for a bit, but I just wanted to throw her into the mix and they are all awesome! All three of them have added so much to the operation it is hard to pin point any one little thing. Be sure to say how do to them next time you are in the store, or on the phone with them. I am sure you will find them all as delightful as we do!


THEN if dinner weren't enough (we were told that we had to plan on being out until 10 pm that night, as there was a surprise after dinner) we were hustled off to the Magic Underground just around the corner and entertained with a few tricks. Nothing much, just a Harley Davidson motorcycle appeared on stage (which of course I loved), out of no where, and Sally chose Doug to join her on stage for a trick or too. Of course Amber had to get in on the fun and helped the magician perform a cool rope trick! Sorry to say that no pictures were allowed, but I will say it was fun, fun, fun!!! The most fun for me (Jeanne) was seeing some of the big tricks, because 'back in the day' I was a cute little magicians assistant and seeing some of the tricks caused me to dream of those fun times that night; it was great to remember and of course know how the magic is done! However, I will NEVER tell the secrets of the tricks!

So with all of that said I am sure that I speak for the whole crew, when I say thank you to you both for such a great evening and for the best place I have EVER worked, hands down!! Have a great trip in Mexico and come back rested, because the busiest is yet to come!

you might also like

2 comments:

  1. It was great to work there at the Smithridge location when there were just 4 of us. It's gotten too big to keep acting like a small business and they no longer cater to in-store customers. It feels corporate now and I don't like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to work there at the Smithridge location when there were just 4 of us. It's gotten too big to keep acting like a small business and they no longer cater to in-store customers. It feels corporate now and I don't like that.

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme