Fall is in the air...




Fall is in the air here in Reno and it is my favorite season! I just harvested some of my pumpkins and my rhubarb, yum, yum!! Of course it is going to be 92 degrees starting Thursday through the weekend, but is nice and cool in the evenings. I can't wait to make some pumpkin pies, pumpkin soup, and of course my favorite rhubarb pie!!! This is my first season for the rhubarb and it was still a good harvest, wow, next year should be awesome!!

Of course knitting is on my mind and I am almost done with the first full repeat on my Rowan Shetland Woman's sweater (Rowan Magazine #46) in the new Felted Tweed Aran yarn. It is an amazing knit and I am enjoying the color knitting with bigger yarn than I usually work with, easier on my hands. It just goes fast, fast, fast!!

As the good little knitter that I am I of course have cast several other things on and fallen completely off my knitting queue, imagine!

I have the first cuff of the Grove Mittens from Jared Flood's new book, Made in Brooklyn done and am now moving up to the hand chart. I am using Debbie Bliss Fez yarn in color 10, Lilac and I can't say enough about how amazing this yarn is. I can't wait to do a vest, sweater, or well whatever with it! It is super soft in the ball, but after working a few rows, it just fulls and gets even softer with each stitch, it has to be the Camel.

I am also excited about the new Clover 9" circular needles that I am using for this project. You wouldn't think that it would be easier than double points, but it is!! I also picked up a US 2 8" Addi circular needle yesterday and cast on a sock with the Regia Hand-dye Effect yarn, wow is all I can say about both of these new products!!!

So I better get back to knitting as clearly I have a few project on the needles. As always happy knitting!

Jeanne :)








you might also like

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme