Back to work and new goodies

Well I missed my turn posting a blog last week while I was travelling. As usual I was over optimistic about what I could accomplish and only managed to finish the first ball of yarn on my Ann Norling Short Row Multi-directional scarf I have mentioned before. I was only able to work one row on my Henley Perfected. And all the driving I did allowed me time to plan some items to go with my scarf. More about those another time.

I had a nice trip and plenty of nice surprises this week at work with all the new stuff we're getting in the store. We now have some of the AslanTrends yarns in stock that are advertised in Vogue Holiday 2009. I just had a customer call over the weekend and ask about this yarn. Lo and behold it appeared in the shop just yesterday. So now we do have it! It looks like very lovely yarn and I can't wait to get it out on display for you all to see. Keep watching our website as we get pictures taken and descriptions written. Please be patient, we're working as fast as we can. We also have a couple of their pattern books, Season's Change Vol 1 and Season's Change Vol 2, which have some great patterns I can't wait to try out.

Vogue Holiday 2009 is also in the store. I skimmed through it today and immediately bought my copy. There are some great projects in it and I look forward to sitting down and going through it thoroughly. Pattern 18, Pam Grushkin's V neck lace pullover maybe just the thing I've been looking for to use the Blue Sky Alpaca Silk in some of the richer colors I've been drooling over.
I would have to say that this issue really and truly has something for every taste. There are some fabulous looking patterns in brilliant colors, unique cowls, updated classic sweaters, Lacy fingerless gloves any wild child would love to wear, elegant party wear, an absolutely gorgeous pair of socks and tons more!
Now to do a little work on a project I hope will turn out well so I can show you all soon.
Wishing you all fleet and nimble fingers so all those holiday projects are done on time.
Terry










you might also like

vogue knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme