Sock Yarn is Awesome

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago, I was all about chunky yarn, but lately I'm obsessed with sock weight yarn. Not only is it squeezable and smooth, but sock yarn has awesome, even striping patterns that make simple pieces look fancy. I was putting away some yarn a week or two ago at the store, and came across a lone skein of Berroco Comfort Sock in #1818 ("English Garden").

It was pretty and squeezable, and at only $7.50 for 447 yards I could not resist. I knew I would find something to do with it. I found a simple pattern for fingerless gloves knit on straight needles, and started it in my Comfort Sock. In addition, I'm making a short row scarf with one strand of Vintage Wool in #5175 ("Fennel") and one strand of Noro Kureyon sock in 220. If you haven't done it already, check out Jeanne's gorgeous cabled scarf in Kidsilk Haze and Soja Print. Sock yarn is for more than just socks!
-Amerique








you might also like

1 comment:

  1. Yhao, not only a professional knitting manufacturer but also a famous sock brand founded in China in 2004. Yhao symbolizes luck, “Meet Yhao, Meet Your Happiness” is Yhao’s beautiful blessing to everyone. custom merino wool socks

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme