FO Friday and WIP Weekend...

Hello everyone!  I hope you all have had a really wonderful and productive week.  My week has been so jam packed I've hardly had any time to knit!  I was really hoping to have my Mara shawl to share with you all (I am only 3 rows away from the finish line), I'm trying to make it to the gym every evening to train for that run I signed up for this spring so my knitting has taken a bit of a backseat this week.  I am hoping to get caught up over the weekend...

In any case, I do have a couple of semi-recent FO's as well a few exciting WIP's to share this week.

Lovely Cables Galore!
First up, we have a Gretel Tam by Ysolda Teague that I knit last summer out of Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed.  It was such a fun pattern to knit that I couldn't put it down while I was working on it.  Even now, I am so tempted to make another one!  We just started to carry Ysolda's patterns and books in the shop but this one can be found in the new Debbie Stoller book "Superstar Knitting."  If you haven't seen her books Whimsical Little Knits 1&2, the designs are absolutely to die for!  I hope you will take a peek and knit some of the charming designs for yourself!

Babies! :)
I also have a darling little Presto Chango sweater that I made out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran a bit back.  It turned out so cute and was a really fast knit.  This particular sweater was knit a couple years ago in hopes that one of my few friends who were having babies would have a girl!  To no avail! All boys!  Finally, some good friends in Wisconsin recently had an adorable little girl so I will be shipping this off to them next week!  This design is really so fun to make and quite easy so I'll most definitely be making it again and again.

Watch out for the Sandy Bandit!

On to some new WIP's!  We've had just a couple this week as folks are still working on many of the projects I've already shared in this space.  Sharon loved her 1st Springtime Bandit out of Berroco Remix (which is just a few rows away from finishing) that she decided to start another!  It was love at first sight for Sharon with the "Plaid Blanket" color of Tosh Merino DK so she snagged two hanks and is now using them to make this fun version of the Bandit.  Sandy saw Sharon's project sitting on the customer service desk yesterday and wanted her photo taken with it.  Silly Sandy!

Yummy.
Lastly, I've started a 2nd Potato Chip Scarf out of Lorna's Laces Green Line DK in Catalpa.  The jury is still out for me on the one I started a few weeks back.  I love that color of Lorna's Laces (Robin's Eggs- April 2009 Limited Edition) but I just don't love the way those colors are pooling in that particular pattern.  C'est la vie!  I'll just have to find something else to knit with that colorway!  This Catalpa color is so subtle in it's color changes that it is really knitting up beautifully.  I am absolutely loving the result this time around and I can't wait to have this scarf's ruffly goodness hugging my neck!  It's the perfect springtime scarf!

If you haven't tried the Lorna's Green Line yet, make sure to do before it's gone!  Lorna's has discontinued this line of their yarns and Jimmy Beans has bought the last of it.  Lorna's will be dyeing pre-requested colors over the next 6-8 months for us.  We get about 1 new color a week so keep checking the site for your favorites!  We don't know what colors we are going to get from week to week as it is based on their dyeing schedule, so each new shipment is a fun surprise!
  
Well, that is it for this weeks FO's and WIP's!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with sunshine (or a warm cozy fire depending on what part of the country you reside in) and knitting!

Hugs!
Kristen

you might also like

ysolda teague

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme