The Endless Possibilities KAL is here!

Endless Possibilities!
Rue's Larch
I am so excited I can hardly stand it!  The Endless Possibilities Knit-a-long starts today!  Are you ready?
The staff here at Jimmy Beans really wanted to do this KAL as a fun way to commemorate the Endless Possibilities color that means so much to us.  It commemorates our first catalog effort on our own and the start of our 10th year in business!  
We had a staff contest and voted on our favorite nominated pattern.  The winner was the Larch Shawlette by Tinks and Frogs Rue.  Rue is the designer and she blogs about knitting, life, and her little one at her blog, Tinks and Frogs.  She was kind enough to share the design with us for the KAL-- thanks again Rue! :)  





You can download the Larch pattern for free on Ravelry.  If you are not on Ravelry and cannot access this pattern there, please let us know at info@jimmybeanswool.com and we can e-mail you a copy of the PDF as it is not currently available on the Tinks and Frogs Blog.  (We have the designers permission to do this.)   



Bethany's Larch
As you know already, Bethany could hardly wait to get started so she went ahead and did the whole stockinette section while on a recent road trip!  Go Bethany!


My Larch

I cast on last night in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (the pattern only uses one skein!) and am already loving the way this color is knitting up!  It’s so bright and fun!  








I used a slightly different cast on than the pattern called for, mostly because I'm lazy and sometimes don’t feel like picking up stitches.  Here’s what I did:
- CO 5 sts
- Knit 2 rows
  • Row 1- k2, yo, place marker, k1, yo, k2 (7 sts total)
  • Row 2- knit 
  • Row 3- k2, yo, k to marker, sl marker, k1, k to last 2 sts, yo, k2 (9 sts total)
  • Row 4- knit
  • Row 5- k2, yo, k to marker, yo, sl marker, k1, yo, k to last 2 sts, yo, k2 (13 sts total)
  • Row 6- knit
You are now ready to start with Row 1 of the pattern!  It’s not quite as pretty as the pattern cast on, but I’m perfectly happy with it and it seems to be easier for beginners (or lazy knitters like me)!

So I hope you all are ready to get started this weekend!  Remember that I’ll be doing pattern support on Monday from 10am-6pm pacific on the Ravelry Chat on the JBW Group page.  I’ll also be available on the JBW Website’s Live Chat as well as on the phone or at info@jimmybeanswool.com.  Please let me know if you have questions and I’ll do my best to answer!  I can’t wait to see all of your FO’s!
Happy knitting!
Kristen 

you might also like

Tinks and Frogs

6 comments:

  1. How do we join? Do we need to do anything special to join the KAL? I've never done a KAL and would love to join one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to join also and have never done a KAL. But I can get the pattern on Ravelry and cast on! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies! There is no official joining that needs to happen. Just get the pattern, pick your yarn, and knit a long with us! When you are done feel free to post pictures on the Ravelry group page! If you have any questions, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know if there are any written-out instructions for the lace portion? Would love to make this, but I struggle with charts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan,
    If you can, you should call Kristen today at(877)JBW-KNIT (529-5648)or chat with her on our Ravelry Page. She would be more than happy to walk you through the lace part. It's my first lace chart too and I picked it right up!

    Good luck!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Megan! There is also a key for the chart on the Ravelry pattern page! This should help decode some of those tough parts! :)
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme