FO Friday and WIP Weekend!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've all had a fantastic first week of the new year! We've been busy this week; off and running with all of our big plans for 2012!

This week's FO is actually two in one. I knit two of the Buttoned Neckwarmers from Malabrigo Book 3 as Christmas gifts for my sisters-in-law this year and they really loved them! The pattern is a simple elongated seed stitch pattern with button holes on one end, resulting in a super stylish and chunky cowl that knits up quickly! Since we were out of the Malabrigo Rasta that the pattern calls for, I used the super warm and cozy Cascade Magnum instead. I think they turned out lovely, and the girls really liked them. I Raveled the project here.

"Amethyst Heather"

"Purple Jewel Heather"

They love getting hand-knit gifts!

As for this week's WIP, I present my Tea Leaves Cardigan! I wrote about wanting to knit this in my Resolution Knitting post and I was so excited that I cast on last weekend. I just love the way that the Tosh Vintage Tart color is knitting up! At the rate I'm going, I'll be wearing this cozy knit by Valentine's Day! Follow my progress on Ravelry here.

Tea Leaves in "Tart"

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Happy knitting and crocheting,
Kristen

PS. Have you seen our latest catalog yet? It’s 48 pages of pure, 100% Rowan.
Visit jimmybeanswool.com/catalog to sign up for your free copy!

you might also like

Tea Leaves Cardigan

2 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, finished and in progress! Does anyone have something going in the "Wings of Prosperity" color? I can't quite picture how that will look when worked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane! I'll ask around and try to find a WIP or FO in that color for next week! I like it too...
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme