Sun Catcher Shawl KAL update...

This is the middle section and what lovely lace it is


I am having so much FUN working on this Artyarns KAL, whoop, whoop! I am in LOVE with the Ensemble Light yarn and I mentioned this in my last post too, but when it comes to yarn it's alright to be redundant, right? I am using color 907 and am really getting excited as I near the point where Iris suggested I begin using the Beaded Silk and Sequins Light in the same color.



This is part of the last section and I love it!







My plan is to work 2 rows of each yarn, which will give me just enough to cast off in the beaded yarn...oooohhhh won't I just be the coolest little bean?







Of course what kind of knitter would I be if I wasn't chomping at the bit for my next project? I AM a knitter that's for sure, even though I also am starting to love sewing! My next project is actually going to involve fabric as I take on the Barcelona skirt by Amy Butler! I am delving into a fabric type I haven't worked with much and that's Voile, so wish me luck!

This type of fabric is light, airy, and leans toward the sheer side of things. The drape is phenomenal, so that's the way I am going on this project. Of course I will be lining the skirt, and even if I used something other than a Voile the pattern calls for, a lining will be nice.




I can't wait to see this layered!



I love skirts and have been wearing them more often as the weather is getting warmer, "So why not?", is what I say!

The pattern includes instructions for an a-line skirt, as well as an over apron, both of which will be next in line. I chose the Night Tree fabric in the color Lime Peel and can't wait to wear my skirt!

Hmmmm, now I need to make one to compliment my beautiful shawl...what a tough life I have!!

Lastly, before I sign off for the day, we need to announce the Sweet Grass Wool giveaway winner!  Drumroll please....and the winner (thanks to random.org) is: Commenter #21- Linda, who said:


"What a beautiful color and yarn. It would make a great cowl, hat or 198 Yards of Heaven scarf. . . all mine, of course!"


Congrats to Linda, and thanks to everyone who commented!  Also, thanks to Patti from Sweet Grass and Wolf Creek Wools for the blog interview and giveaway!  Linda, please e-mail Kristen with your mailing address to claim your skein: kristen@jimmybeanswool.com.

As always, happy knitting, crocheting and sewing!

Jeanne

PS. Did you know that we are out to 'Stick it to Heart Disease'? Check out Stitch Red and see all the ways you can become involved in the battle against the #1 killer of women in the US!

you might also like

voile

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme