My Mountain Design Contest- Help Support Stitch Red with Your Vote!!!

The Sugar Bowl Hat
Some of you may have heard that I am one of 18 semi-finalists in Schachenmayr's My Mountain Hat Design Contest. My design, the Sugar Bowl Hat knit in Schachenmayr original's new Lova yarn, also doubles as a cowl for extra versatility in all of your activities. 

I love items that have multiple uses, which was why I thought this design would be a great entry for the contest. I've already sent the sample (shown here in gray and teal on Amanda) to Schachenmayr since they are going to publish the design on their website, but I decided I needed one for myself too! Last night I cast on to make my own in a different color of Schachenmayr original Lova! It's already turning out really cute and I can't wait to wear it! 
Version #2 WIP

Being a semi-finalist is honor enough, but if by some small chance I happened to be the finalist with the most votes, my hat pattern would be published as a paid download to support the charitable organization of my choice! For me, there is no question over which one to choose...

The Stitch Red campaign in support of The Heart Truth would be my pick! so I am hoping all of you could help me out and go vote! I would love to have a pattern out there that is contributing to heart disease research and prevention for women. 
You can also wear it as a cowl!


For those of you who aren't familiar with Stitch Red, it's a campaign that JBW started almost 3 years ago to get the whole needle arts industry involved in spreading the word about heart disease and how it affect women. Knit Red and Sew Red are the two books we've created as our Stitch Red product along with tons of other industry vendors who have created Stitch Red products as well. Each has pledged 5% or more of the gross profits to go to The Heart Truth. On a side note we are excited to announce that Crochet Red will be released in February of 2014 and we are currently working on acquiring celebrity chefs to participate in Cook Red which will be out in 2015. 

Heart disease is something that is personal to many of us. It runs in my family, and is something I know that I need to be aware of and watch out for in my own life. My father has had two heart surgeries and my family constantly lives with the reminder that every day with him is a gift. My grandfather (my father's father) died of a heart attack at a very young age, before I was born. It is my hope that my father is around to meet and enjoy his grandchildren, as his father never was.

I really hope you'll take a moment to go and vote for my design! It would really mean a lot to me, and all of us here at Jimmy Beans Wool that have worked so hard on the Stitch Red Campaign over the years. We appreciate your help!

There are two ways to vote. Use this link if you are on a computer:

https://www.facebook.com/mymountain.us/app_451684954848385

And this shorter link if you are on any mobile device:

http://woobox.com/jt3ju3

You can vote once per day, per ip address. Thank you so, so much for helping me support Stitch Red and literally stick it to heart disease! (Get it? You knit with sticks? Hee hee!)

Happy knitting!
Kristen


you might also like

stitch red

1 comment:

  1. This is a great design, Kristen. I had attempted something similar crocheting with the Bravo yarn and was not happy at all with it. I wish I could knit so I could try your pattern out! Great charity too!

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme