The Luxury Holiday Garland is Here!

On Saturday our newsletter debuted my design for the Luxury Holiday Garland. The reason it's considered "luxury" is because it uses every yarn in our new Luxury Fiber Sampler to create twelve beautiful stars joined together by a linen/cotton blend garland strand. The result is classically beautiful in neutral shades that emulate a wintery wonderland.

Our version uses the sampler, but I know many if you, if you're at all like me, have tons of wee scraps lying in your stash. This is the perfect stash busting project as you only need about 15-20 yards for each star. The gauge is ideal for anything from a Fingering to a DK weight yarn but you could easily adapt this pattern for larger weights if you wanted. I am thinking about doing some in a chunky weight to hang in my front window. That's the beauty of this project, you don't HAVE to make a garland. You can make individual ornaments too. Wouldn't it be fun to make a new one each year with the year embroidered on it? So cute!

Here are all of the photos we took of the garland. I am seriously so in LOVE with it! There are tons of possibilities with these adaptable little stars. I encourage you all to get creative and then share your projects with me. I'd love to see how you use these stars this holiday season!










If you are a local Reno customer, Terry is teaching a class on making this garland this Saturday, Nov. 9th from 3-5 pm. Call the shop to sign up and reserve your space. I work on Saturdays, so I'll probably pop in and say hello and help for a bit too! Hope to see you there!

Happy Knitting!
Kristen

PS. If you love this design and would like to show me a little love on Ravelry, I'd really appreciate it! Feel free to head on over and queue it up, start your project, or favorite the design!

you might also like

winter craft projects

4 comments:

  1. Posted my start at Ravelry this morning, such a sweet project, I'm making these to use as ornaments on the tree :0)

    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MaryKathrynP/luxury-holiday-garland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Luxury Holiday Asia. Simply, admirable what you have done here. It is pleasing to look you express from the heart and your clarity on this significant content can be easily looked. Remarkable post and will look forward to your future update.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, This is so beautiful. I would like to make this for Christmas but not able to get the pattern would appericate if you can share the pattern. I will be thankful for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy Beans Wool is a prominent online and brick-and-mortar retailer offering a vast selection of yarns, fibers, and knitting supplies catering to enthusiasts of various skill levels and interests in the fiber arts community.
    virginia personal injury settlements
    virginia statute of limitations personal injury

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme