Inspiration, yarn and more...

Well, we have been busy, busy, busy! What with the new construction, new yarns, moving stuff around, gosh and of course there is always knitting!

My honey has actually asked me to knit him a sweater and of course I have agreed, aww shucks, what can I say. So we started looking for just the right pattern (he's a real tall guy) and when I first started knitting I made him a sweater that was just never right. Well, I am more experienced now and know about gauge and lots more, thanks to Jimmy's and all my great knitting pals. He refuses to wear a pullover (which is my preferred knitting format) and I gotta, say yeah honey it is your sweater and if I am going to put that much work into it you better wear it, so cardigan it is.

I showed him patterns, and more patterns, books and well you get the idea! Phew it was hard work, but so worth it, as he chose an amazing sweater from the book by Judith Durant, Never Knit Your Man a Sweater. It's a beautiful cardigan with lots of aran looking cables, trinity stitch, seed stitch and more. The drop shoulders will make it fit his tall frame well and it should still feel comfortable. I think all the cables, and so on will make it a 'firm' fit so it shouldn't droop on him.

Ok now the yarn choice (which is where I went horribly wrong long ago on the first sweater) and well, gee I have an amazing yarn store to play around in, hee, hee. He likes blue and of course it needs to be warm, not scratchy, um and well he's just a bit picky (hanging around with me has rubbed off :), so he finally settled on an amazing yarn by Cascade, called Lana d' Oro. This yarn has all my favorite attributes, it's a 50/50 blend of Alpaca and Wool. Yummy! He chose color 1063 Starry Night and I am currently knitting the swatch, alas, this is too big a project to skip this step.

I am truly loving the yarn and the pattern appears very straight forward, so I am in knitting heaven. Of course being a typical knitter I have other ideas that need needle time too, soooooooo in my next blog installment I will give you a complete picture of the Lorna's Laces Greenline Worsted leg warmers for my daughter. Here's a little peek and I will keep you posted on the progress! I will say this yarn is absolutely fantastic! My sweetie walked in and saw them and immediately asked me to do a sweater for him like the warmers. Gosh who does he think I am the knitting diva??

Happy Knitting! Jeanne :)

you might also like

1 comment:

  1. wow... that sweater looks like a huge undertaking, but beautiful! I've only knit two sweaters, both pullovers. I wish I had the ability to knit the one you're knitting!

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme