FO Friday/ WIP Weekend

Happy Friday, everyone! We've made it to the end of another awesome week! I've got several new FO's to share with you from this week, as well as some WIP's here at the shop. But first I'd like to announce the winner of the signed edition of A Knitting Wrapsody from Tuesday's contest!

Drumroll please....

And the winner is: Commenter #12 Julie who said: "I love all of Kristin Omdahl's crochet projects and I can't wait to check out her knit ones, too! I love to crochet and knit equally and trade off on most days also, so I know I will want to make many things out of her knitting book, as with her crochet books! Great job, Kristin!"

Congratulations!!! Julie, please contact Bethany at: giveaway@jimmybeanswool.com to redeem your signed copy of Kristin's book! (Winner was determined using a random number generator.)

Thanks to everyone who read Kristin's interview and left comments! I hope you all enjoy the book!


Alright...now onto this week's FO's. First up, I was so thrilled last Friday when Ailene came in
to work with this big giant treat! She had just finished casting off on her beautiful afghan that she has been working on for close to a year! It turned out just beautifully in the Seaside color of Lorna's Laces. This particular version is in a discontinued Lorna's yarn called Swirl Chunky but a similar effect can be achieved with Lorna's Shepherd Worsted. We are all so impressed by Ailene's perseverance! She put countless hours into this afghan but now she has a beautiful heirloom blanket to show for it! Nice work, Ailene!

Our next FO this week is Jeanne's lovely Autumn Leaves Beret. She finished it a few weeks ago

and I was just finally able to snag some photos of it! It's so lovely! This pattern is such a pretty one from Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting. I can hardly wait to do one myself; although, I must say that I also like the new Cloudy Day Beret just as much! I guess I'll just have to do both! :) Jeanne's beautiful version is knit in Isager Alpaca 2 , a yarn that she absolutely loved to knit with. Every time I see Jeanne wear this around the shop, I get a little green with envy! I just love it!


Finally, I have this lovely Waves of Leaves shawl (a freebie on Ravelry) that Victoria knit in the February color- Festival of Love. Victoria fell in love with this color immediately, as she said it
reminds her of tropical fruits. She used 2 skeins of the Lorna's Laces Honor yarn and it turned out beautifully. Leanne was kind enough to model it for us after Sandy helped block it. It's amazing how blocking transforms your piece! Victoria did such a wonderful job knitting up this lovely shawl! Seeing all of the different shawls that everyone around here is knitting these days is so inspiring! I work with such an amazing group of knitters!


Sharon is just about to finish a Springtime Bandit Shawl in the
Berroco Remix yarn. It is knitting up so neat in this yarn! The Remix is Berroco's recycled yarn that came out last year and is
surprisingly soft when knit up. Sharon is using just two skeins of
the Remix to complete this project and it is really turning out great!

She's also been working on this lovely Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West for her mom in a new shade of Tosh Merino Light. I think this color is called "Nebula." She is knitting the optional
version with YO's in the middle instead of M1's. I think its really looking great!

As Leanne mentioned in her post earlier this week, we just got a bunch of Stephen West's patterns and books in at the shop and we are all just thrilled! I immediately snapped up the "Herbivore" and "Clockwork" shawl patterns and Sharon nearly fell out of her chair when she heard his books- WestKnits 1 & 2 were finally in! I think out of all of us, she was the most excited!



Finally, I am just 10 or 12 rows away from being finished with my Mara Shawl in Tosh Merino Light "Posy." Although I am thoroughly excited by all of the new patterns in the shop at the moment, I am going to try and restrain myself from starting yet another new project, once I'm finished with my Mara Shawl. I have so many to finish and I'd like to do that before taking on anymore! I'm sure many of you know how that goes. :P




Anyway, thank you all of you for popping in to see what we've been knitting this week! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Happy knitting!
Kristen


you might also like

tosh merino light

4 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! I especially love the Stephen West shawl. I have a new blog, reviewing interesting knitting sites among other things. I talked about Jimmy Beans Wool today as one of my favorite places to shop online. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging about us International Knitter of Mystery! Also, thanks for your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these patterns. I used to knit a bit when I had the time. Now I am working with essay typer generator tool soon I will done and started this again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what I was looking for, what information, present here at this site! DGME Employee Portal

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme