Motorcycle Road Trip...Happy 4th of July!!!

Summer road trips - what can be more fun? Why, knitting, of course! Also, motorcycles on Highway 1 in California! We packed up and left two weeks ago to meet up with my brother-in-law in San Luis Obispo and do some riding together...woo-hoo!!



Thankfully, we have a toy hauler that carries our bikes. This makes it a bit easier to get to the good riding spots without having to fight the freeways on two wheels, which can be a little scary. We met up with Chris (my son Christopher's namesake) and rode to Solvang together. Unfortunately, he had to head back to L.A. right away to get back to work but it was great seeing him, even if it was a short visit!



Of course, there is an amazing little yarn, weaving, and spinning shop called the Village Spinning & Weaving. I could have spent all day there but the guys were ready to roll! Sigh! Solvang is a charming little Danish community just west of Highway 101 and I can't wait to get back there to spend some real time checking it out!


Now, I did mention knitting earlier. I took my Liesl by Cocoknits and am almost finished with it! I can't wait to wear it and will be working one up for my daughter soon!

Everything was blooming and beautiful along the coast. Although, it was a bit foggy and cool most of the time we were traveling. I loved it! (And we  came home to a nice warm Nevada summer.)




We drove from San Luis Obispo up Highway 1 which was beautiful!!! I hope you are all having some great adventures now that summer is here!


As always happy knitting and crocheting!

Jeanne




PS Are you getting our twice monthly newsletter? It the best way to say up to date with what's going on around the shop and we never, ever share you information, so check it out and enjoy!

you might also like

san luis obispo

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme