More than just yarn...

So, some of you may have noticed a bit of a shift on our site, especially under our New Products page. Without further adieu, pomp, or circumstance, I give you FABRIC!!!

You may notice a slight hesitation in my 'voice'. That's because this is a whole new business for us here at JBW, so please be gentle with us as we step into this new (fantastic) part of our fiber addiction. We are working to get the website fine-tuned for you all, but you may run into some questions about the fabric, sewing patterns and whatnots (like the Amy Butler thread) related to this new passion we have here at the shop. Please, please feel free to ask questions. That's what we are here for.

Here we have Sandy and Laura, (aka Jimmy) with the very 1st piece of fabric we cut and sold!!! Sandy cut it and then we all ran around and hooted and howled with excitement!!

Most of us around here have sewn at some point in our lives, but are a little rusty. Amber set up these great Learn To Sew classes and we were off and running!

Kristen's class was on a Sunday and was a huge hit!! She has been sewing for a long time and, of course, is a great teacher, so what's not to be thrilled about? Sandy and I have also taught 2 classes together, all with great success!

You can see Jill, Sharon and bit of Shevawn in this picture of class, sewing away! Good work gang!!

We did some very basic refresher-type sewing projects in class, but if you are looking for your own good refresher course, I highly recommend Rebecca Yaker's book One Yard Wonders as a starting point.

If you have never sewn a stitch (but are interested), then you might want to check out your local sewing store for a basic how-to class. There are some fantastic machines on the market for less than $100.00!

Here is Sharon with her finished bag! What a GREAT job she did!!!

We are all excited and a bit nervous about this new endeavor, so let us know if you see something on the site that is a bit off, or you have ideas for us. Remember this is YOUR LYS online and we love to hear from you.

There is a lot of work to be done (what's new around here :), so please keep that in mind as you surf around in the fabric sections, but we are happy to finally feel comfortable enough to post about our new fabric love.

I hope you enjoyed my little introduction into our line of fabric-related products and as always...

Happy knitting, crocheting and sewing!!

Jeanne

PS If you aren't getting our Newsletter check it out! We never share ANY of your information and it's one of the best ways I know to stay on top of what's going on around here.

you might also like

thread

7 comments:

  1. I wish I lived in Reno!! (once again) I would totally take a sewing class. I've wanted to learn forever. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congrats on expanding your business!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing what you'll carry. Nice to have another resource for fabric. I KNOW the service will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a simple project (even for a beginner) consider making your own pillow cases to coordinate with your sheets in cotton or flannel. You can make them plain or border with a coordinating fabric hem on the edges. I've been making my own for a while because I have pillows with the wide gussets and if I stuff them in store bought cases - the pillow isn't as comfy. There's also a heat resistant very thin batting you can use in a simple one print or patchwork table runner - so it can be used to protect your table as well as look really nice. I've even made coordinating pot holders out of scraps for myself or to tuck into baking themed gift baskets. I've been eyeing several fabrics & after the holidays - will have to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. It is soo informative. Are you also searching for Swedish assignment writing help we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering the best services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. It is soo informative. Are you also searching for swedish assignment writers we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering the best services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme