A wedding shawl...



I am knitting my daughter Shelly a wedding shawl!! Shelly got married in November to her super husband Rory, but I didn't have a shawl for her to wear, so we are having a reception this summer and that gives me time to make one now..I am one happy Mom!!

As you can see the ceremony was out doors (boy did they luck out on the November weather) by the Truckee river. It was a very special immediate family only affair and beautiful!

The simplicity of the wedding made for a truly elegant experience!

 This is the perfect summer shawl!
Since I had so much fun with the Sun Catcher Shawl Mystery KAL by Iris Schreier I decided to jump on board with the May Day Shawl KAL. I am using Ensemble Glitter Light in color 184 and the first portion of the pattern will be sent to me tomorrow!! Yipppeeee!!

I can't wait to cast on and work on this beautiful shawl. I can't say enough about this yarn and you can read about my Sun Catcher Shawl here. I used the regular Ensemble Light, as well as the Beaded Silk and Sequins Light for the edging.


Working with this amazing yarn is a real treat for my fingers and since the yarn is soft and slippery I will be using wooden needles. Point protectors will also be a must! I have no doubt that this project will be hard to put down...sigh boy do I love Artyarns!!

As always happy knitting, crocheting and sewing!

Jeanne

P.S. Have you heard about the Stitch Red Campaign for Heart Disease Awareness? Check it out at www.stitchred.com!



you might also like

sun catcher shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme