The Knit and Crochet Show Recap

Some of you may know that The Knit and Crochet show, which is put on by The Knitting Guild Association was in Reno this last weekend. TKGA moves the show to a new place each year so this was a once in a blue moon opportunity. Of course, we had to be there to represent for both Stitch Red and Jimmy Beans Wool! To add to the awesomeness, we invited our friend Kirsten from Muench Yarns to join us as well so it was a regular party all weekend!

Here are some snapshots from the booth, and some of our favorite booths from other shops at the show as well:

Our booth was so big and open! We loved having tons of space! We even had an entire Tosh Onesie Corner!

The new Limited Edition Denise2Go Sets were a huge hit! (Have you seen them yet? The cases have bicycles on them! So cute!)


One of my personal favorite booths at almost every show I've been to so far is the  Freia Hand Paint Yarns/Knit Whits booth. Tina, the gal who owns the company, is just so nice, and her stuff is lovely to boot! I have a little growing stash of her yarns at home. I am working on convincing Jimmy to start carrying her yarns...maybe someday soon! :)


Stylistically, I thought the most creative and unique booth was Knitterly, a shop from Petaluma, CA. Seriously, their displays were so neat! They re-purposed all kinds items like old wooden school bleachers and chicken cages to showcase their yarns and kits. They also had such beautiful and unique stuff I haven't seen before, much of it from local hand-dyers and artists! Everyone working at her booth wore THE cutest aprons too. It made me want to sew cute aprons. Uh oh...


Many of you Reno locals are familiar with Pioneer Yarn Company in Minden, NV. They had a gorgeous booth as well. See that Catkin shawl up on top of their display, SO pretty! The owners of this shop are a husband and wife team who are such nice folks! I love stopping at their store whenever I drive through Minden. Many of our retail customers shop there as well which we are always so glad to hear! The more local shops we have in the area the merrier!


Next up on our tour is the Sierra Sewing Center! I have yet to actually visit their retail store here in Reno but I have a feeling I am going to need to take my sewing machine in for a tune up soon! Plus, it will give me a chance to drool a little over their selection of Baby Lock Sergers. Cheryl and I were so excited because they had the cutest double-sided flannel baby blankets that were pre-cut, stitched together, and hole punched for border crochet or knitting! They have a machine that punches the holes and sews the fabrics together at the same time! It's genius! So, of course I had to buy two of them for gifts. After crocheting a foundation chain all around, I am going to pick up stitches and knit a border onto it, I think it will be simply darling! I'll share my finished project with you all of course. :)


Lastly, The Knitting Nest in South Lake Tahoe had a really fun booth! As I walked by to admire the Alchemy yarns, they invited me into their "living room" to sit and knit with them. Every time I walked by their booth throughout the show, there were people sitting, chatting, and knitting. They even cracked open a bottle of wine for everyone to enjoy at the end of the day on Saturday. It was like walking in and joining a fun knitting circle full of really nice gals. So much fun! I can't wait to visit them on my next visit to South Lake Tahoe! We are practically neighbors after all. :)


All in all, TKGA was tons of fun! We had such a great time seeing long-time customers and friends and meeting new ones as well. Thanks so much to TKGA for hosting such a lovely show right in our backyard!

Hope you all have a lovely week and happy knitting and crocheting!
Kristen

you might also like

TKGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme